I have a recipe for peach clafoutis that is just screaming to be made with feijoas but then I found this recipe for a feijoa tart that looks easily as delicious.
It comes from another gorgeous blog (there so many talented people out there) called Tiny Happy. The author Melissa is wonderfully inspirational with fabrics and needlework and other creative crafts. All mixed up with heavenly creations from her kitchen.
As she states, it is an any-kind-of-fruit-tart but right now it really has to be feijoa, doesn’t it?
- 2 large eggs
- 150g white sugar
- 100g butter
- 150 ml milk
- 175g flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- enough sliced fruit to cover the surface of the tart
- Whisk the eggs and sugar until thick and creamy. Put butter and milk into a saucepan and stir until just boiling. Remove from heat. Sift flour and baking powder into the egg mixture, then pour in the milk mixture. Fold all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour into a flat dish lined with baking paper. Arrange the sliced fruit over the top. Sprinkle over a little raw sugar or sliced almonds if you like.
- Bake at 180°C for 20-30 mins.