This American dessert comes from the foodie website Epicurean.com. The combination of strawberry and feijoa in a thick creamy frozen confection sounds simply delicious.
STRAWBERRY FEIJOA REFRESHER
- 2 large feijoas (or pineapple guavas)
- 1 cup strawberries, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup milk, 1% lowfat
- 1 teaspoon unflavoured gelatin
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup plain lowfat yoghurt, stirred
- Halve the feijoas, scoop out the pulp and discard the shell. In a blender or food processor fitted with a metal blade, puree the pulp and strawberries with the sugar.
- In a small saucepan, combine the milk and gelatin, let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir over low heat until the gelatin dissolves. Combine with the corn syrup and fruit. Stir in the yoghurt.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions.