My journeys around the Internet take me to some truly glorious food blogs, created by passionate and gifted cooks, stylists, photographers and writers. One I keep coming back to – transfixed by her beautiful images – is Gourmet Recipes by Olga. She doesn’t have an ‘about page’… just exquisite recipe after exquisite recipe.
The cakes are divine artworks and her recipe for feijoa and passionfruit jam has been adopted as a family favourite. Do take a look around her site: she has a companion recipe for feijoa, pear and white wine jam along with the chocolate, feijoa and banana bundt cake featured here a while back, and also little chocolate cakes with feijoa mousse. Every photograph is wonderfully styled.
FEIJOA & PASSIONFRUIT JAM
Makes about two 300 ml jars
- 2 cups feijoa pulp (cut fruit in half and scoop out the contents with a spoon)
- 1½ cups of sugar
- 2 large passion fruit (pulp scooped out and mashed to separate juice and seeds)
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 100 ml water
- Scoop out the pulp from the feijoas.
- Put pulp into a pot and add water.
- Boil on medium heat until the pulp is soft (about 15 minutes). Stir occasionally. Use a potato masher to gently mash the fruit.
- Add sugar, passion fruit pulp with seeds and stir until dissolved.
- Bring to a rapid boil and continue to boil for about 20 minutes or until the mix reaches setting point, giving it the occasional stir.
- Add vodka and stir to mix.
- Pour into sterilized jars, seal and store in a cool place.