Another great recipe sourced from Ooooby – Out of our own back yards.
- 500 grams peeled chopped feijoas
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 180 grams butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- juice of 1 lemon
- 250 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Mix the feijoas, sugar and lemon zest and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add egg, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Mix well and add flour and baking powder.
- Spread most of dough in greased/lined tin or flan dish, drain feijoas and spread on top of dough.
- Drop bits of remaining dough on top of feijoa, sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake at 180ºC about 50-60 minutes.