Submitted to the Best Recipes website, these tangy muffins take 15-20 minutes to prepare.
LEMON GLAZED FEIJOA MUFFINS
- 1¼ cups plain flour*
- ½ cup sugar
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- 50g butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- ½ cup freshly squeezed, strained lemon juice
- 1 cup feijoa flesh, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice or ginger syrup
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease 12 medium muffin pans.
- In a large bowl, melt the butter, beat in the eggs, rind and juice. Sift in flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Gently stir in feijoas. Spoon into muffin pans, making them almost full.
- Bake at 200°C for 20-25 minutes. Cool in the pan for two minutes, then turn on to a wire rack.
- Glaze: Mix rind and sugar on a saucer for the glaze. Just before using the glaze, stir in the orange juice.
- Dip the top of each muffin in the lemon glaze, then let cool.
- Dip tops of cooled muffins again, in any remaining lemon glaze.
*If the mixture seems too wet, add an extra ¼ cup of flour.