Feijoa and ginger make a sensational pairing. This recipe comes from Epicurean.com.
FEIJOA & GINGER MUFFINS
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup chopped feijoas
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F), prepare pans.
- Mix together the flour, ginger, baking powder, soda and sugar.
- Rub in the butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Combine the liquid ingredients, add the dry mix and feijoas until just combined.
- Spoon into pans and bake for 15 minutes.
- A small slice of crystallised ginger may be placed on top of each muffin before baking if desired.