An adventurous fusion of autumn flavours from one of my favourite Kiwi food writers, Amanda Laird of the New Zealand Herald.
ANCHOVY & GARLIC LAMB WITH FEIJOAS & PUMPKIN
- 400g pumpkin, peeled and sliced
- olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 8 feijoas
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 12 lamb cutlets
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced into 16
- 4 anchovies, sliced into 16
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Drizzle the pumpkin with olive oil and season. Arrange in a baking dish and cook for 15 minutes.
- Peel the feijoas and halve. Add to the pumpkin with the bay leaves and continue to cook for a further 15 minutes or until both the pumpkin and the feijoas are soft and caramelised.
- Turn the oven up to 220°C. Make 4 small but deep incisions into each cutlet with the point of a sharp knife.
- Insert a piece of garlic with a piece of anchovy into each incision. Season each cutlet well. Brush with olive oil and bake in the oven or grill on the barbecue for 3 minutes on each side – depending on the size of the cutlets.
- Serve the lamb with the feijoas and the pumpkin.