The New Zealand Feijoa Growers Association distributes press releases throughout the year which contain some delicious recipes. I found this recipe for an easy upside down tart published in the Nelson Mail, but if you search through the news and promotions section of the NZ Feijoa Growers Association site you can also track down more recipes.
Upside down tarts always look great and using ready-made short pastry makes this one a breeze.
FEIJOA UPSIDE DOWN TART
- 50g butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 7-8 feijoas cut in half lengthways
- 400g sweet short pastry
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Melt butter, sugar and golden syrup together in a pan. Pour mixture into a 23cm round cake pan.
- Arrange feijoa halves over the mixture. Roll pastry out in a circle to cover fruit.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until pastry is golden. Remove and stand 10 minutes.
- Hold a large plate over the top of the pan and turn upside down. Cut tart into wedges and serve warm.