There’s nothing like a cupcake for a wee snack, if you can stop at one! These coconut flavoured little cakes are topped with slices of feijoa for a dash of flavour. The recipe comes via a blog called Wee Treats by Tammy, an Auckland-based mum, lawyer and foodie.
FEIJOA & COCONUT CUPCAKES
- 150g butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 ⅓ cup flour
- ¾ cup coconut
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 6 feijoas, peeled and sliced
- Cream butter and sugar; beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in flour, coconut and baking powder.
- Spoon into cupcake cases and top with a few slices of feijoa.
- Bake at 170ºC for 25 minutes.
When cold, spoon over a hot syrup made by stirring ¾ cup each of sugar and water and juice of 3 lemons over low heat until sugar is dissolved, then simmer for 5-10 minutes.