Simon Wright over at Mindfood has an amazing recipe for caramelised pork belly with feijoa, apple relish and walnut mash. You need to go over to that website to get the whole recipe but I am reproducing the apple and feijoa relish here for feijoa lovers.
FEIJOA & APPLE RELISH
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoon allspice
- 100g tomatoes, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 150g sugar
- 150ml white wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice and grated zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 apples, peeled and diced
- 6 large feijoas, peeled and diced
- Put all ingredients except apple and feijoa in a heavy-based saucepan and stir to combine. Place saucepan over medium heat, bring to a simmer then increase the heat and reduce to a syrup. Add apple and feijoa and cook until soft but their shape retained. Remove from heat, spread onto a tray and cool quickly.