This more traditional feijoa chutney is from the New Zealand Woman’s Weekly, a trusty cooking companion for generations of Kiwi cooks. It looks easy enough to double or triple depending on the amount of feijoas you have to hand.
- 2 cups feijoa flesh, chopped
- 2 large onions, peeled and diced
- ½ cup sultanas
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- Place all ingredients in a large heavy-based saucepan. Bring to the boil, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Turn down heat and simmer hard for 30 to 45 minutes, stirring regularly until thick and syrupy.
- Ladle mixture into sterilised jars. Be sure they are well sealed. Store in a cool, dark place.