Another great sounding recipe from the New Zealand Women’s Weekly – this time combining honey, nutmeg, coconut and buttermilk with the deliciousness of feijoa.
FEIJOA & HONEY MUFFINS
- 125g butter, softened
- ½ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1½ cups self-raising flour, sifted
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ tsp grated nutmeg
- 8 medium feijoas, peeled and diced
- Heat oven to 180°C fan bake. Grease 12-hole standard muffin tin or line with paper cases. In a bowl, beat butter and honey together until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in buttermilk then stir in flour, coconut and nutmeg until just combined. Lastly stir in diced feijoas.
- Spoon muffin mixture into prepared tins and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until muffins are puffed and golden brown.