A while back I featured a glorious recipe for feijoa and manuka honey ice cream from The Kitchen Dispensary. Along with that perfectly New Zealand temptation is this recipe for an uncooked and dairy free raw feijoa cheesecake. Enjoy.
RAW FEIJOA CHEESECAKE
Ingredients (approximate measurements)
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 2 cups dried dates
- 3 cups raw cashews
- juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ teaspoons Himalayan or sea salt
- 1 cup cold pressed coconut oil
- 3 – 4 tablespoon of raw organic honey or agave nectar to taste
- 2 cups of chopped feijoas for the filling and 2 cups for the topping
- Blend the almonds in a food processor until they are like fine breadcrumbs (save a couple of tablespoons aside to dust the cake tin)
- Chop the dates and add to the almond meal.
- Blend until fully combined like a cookie dough.
- Brush the base and sides of a springform cake tin with coconut oil and dust with ground almonds. You could also cut a circle of baking paper to line the tin.
- Press the date/almond dough into the base of the tin.
- Soak the cashews in water for 2-3 hours.
- Place the sealed jar of coconut oil in a bowl of hot water to melt for about 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the cashews Add all filling ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the tin on top of the base.
- Place in the refrigerator to set for a couple of hours.
- Serve with fresh chopped feijoas on top.