This recipe comes from The Kitchen Dispensary, a WordPress blog which specialises in raw vegan food.
I’ve only ever tried a dairy-based feijoa ice cream (a special trip to Rush Munro’s Ice Cream Gardens in Hastings, New Zealand) and that was heavenly. But I imagine that this version would be lighter and of course more palatable to those who are lactose-intolerant.
FEIJOA & MANUKA HONEY ICE CREAM
- 2 cups soaked raw cashews
- 6-8 feijoas
- 1/4 cup raw manuka honey
- 1 tablespoon soy lecithin granules (optional, for extra creaminess)
- about 12 large ice cubes
- 1 cup pure water
- Make sure your icecream maker bowl is sufficiently frozen. It will most likely need to have been in the freezer 18-22 hours.
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into your icecream maker immediately and process according your your machine’s instructions.
Note: If you don’t have an icecream maker you can pour the mixture into a bowl and place it in the freezer. Then whisk with a fork every 30 minutes. Or you can freeze the mixture in icecube trays and once frozen, blend in a food processor.