FEIJOA WALNUT CAKE
- 2 cups feijoas, peeled and roughly chopped (important to measure correctly – 2 cups when peeled and chopped)
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1 cup sultanas
- 1 cup sugar
- 100 grams melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Mix feijoas, walnuts, sultanas and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Beat egg and butter together and mix into feijoa mixture.
- Sift flour, mixed spice and baking soda and add to feijoa mixture. Stir lightly.
- Turn into well greased 25cm cake tin or deep ring tin.
- Bake 180ºC for 40-45 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in tin before turning out.