Posted on the Feijoa page on Facebook (search for it – there is only one!)
FEIJOA AND LIME MUFFINS
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1/2 cup peeled, finely chopped feijoas
- 125 grams butter, melted and cooled
- Sift the flour, baking powder and sugar into a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
- In a jug blend together the eggs and milk and add the feijoas. Blend into the dry ingredients folding in the butter as you go.
- Divide the mixture evenly between 12 well-greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 220°C for 15-20 minutes until cooked.
- Stand 2 minutes before brushing with the glaze. Stand a further 5 minutes before serving.
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- grated rind and juice two limes
- Simmer the sugar, orange juice and lime juice together until the sugar has dissolved.