FEIJOA CHICKEN CURRY
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned, boned, and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red, yellow, or green bell pepper, cubed
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 to 5 ripe feijoas, peeled, halved lengthwise, and cut into slices
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 2/3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil.
- Sauté chicken 3 minutes or until nearly done; remove from pan.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet; sauté carrots, bell pepper, onion, and garlic for 5 minutes or till carrots are nearly tender.
- Add chicken back to skillet with feijoas, curry powder, salt, allspice, and pepper.
- Stir cornstarch into chicken broth; pour into skillet with chicken mixture. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 20 minutes.
- Serve with rice.