This recipe was featured on Television New Zealand’s Good Morning Show and can be found on their website.
FEIJOA & DATE LOAF
- 1 cup peeled, diced feijoa
- 100g dates, roughly chopped
- 250ml boiling water
- 230g sugar
- 50g butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, beaten
- 270g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Put feijoas, dates, boiling water, sugar and butter in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cool thoroughly then stir in the vanilla and the beaten egg.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and very carefully fold into the cooled fruit mixture working just enough to moisten the dry ingredients.
- Do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter into a well buttered and floured loaf tin (large) and bake 180ºC for 50 to 60 minutes or until tested.