Here’s another recipe for muffins that combines cream cheese and feijoas, this time from The Listener (original recipe moved behind a paywall). There is a warning that nuggets of cream cheese and feijoa make these muffins irresistible.
FEIJOA AND CREAM CHEESE MUFFINS
- 1 cup chopped feijoa flesh
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 75g butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- 2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 125g cream cheese, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup raw sugar
- Heat the oven to 200°C. Grease a 12-hole standard muffin tin or line with paper cases.
- Combine the feijoas, sugar and butter in a bowl. Stir in the eggs, sour cream and orange zest and juice.
- Add the flour and cinnamon, stirring until just combined. Fold through the cream cheese.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tins and sprinkle with a little raw sugar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until firm and golden brown.