These muffins, created by Michelle Bond, took out The Marlborough Express Mighty Muffin Competition in May 2009. You can find the story about how Michelle Bond created them over here at The Marlborough Express website.
MICHELLE BOND: FEIJOA, MARLBOROUGH SAUVIGNON BLANC & CREAM CHEESE MUFFINS
- 1 cup chopped feijoa flesh
- ¾ cups of caster sugar
- 75g butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup of sour cream
- finely grated rind lemon
- 1/3 cup of Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc
- 2 cups self raising flour, sifted
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 125g cream cheese, coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 200°C. Grease a 12 hole standard muffin pan or line with paper cases.
- Combine feijoas with sugar and butter.
- Stir in the eggs, sour cream, lemon rind and sauvignon blanc. Add the flour and cinnamon, stirring until just combined.
- Fold in the cream cheese. Spoon mixture into prepared muffins tins. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until firm and golden brown.