These sound so simple to make, while the combination of orange and cinnamon promises to enervate the flavour with sweetness and spice. Posted to Facebook’s feijoa page with a note that they freeze well.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 75 grams butter melted
- 1 cup chopped feijoas
- 2 eggs
- finely grated rind of an orange
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbs sugar
- Melt butter; mix in feijoas.
- Add unbeaten eggs, orange juice and rind. Mix until combined.
- Add sugar, flour and baking powder.
- Pour into greased muffin pans.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top.
- Bake at 200ºC for 15 to 20 mins.